jeudi 20 janvier 2022

Kitchen Notes : Amorphous on Stigmergy

 





 

Gil Os d'Amorphous nous ayant bien retournés comme de crêpes en fin d'année avec son dernier album Stimergy, il nous explique ce qu'il a mis dans la pâte pour qu'elle prenne aussi bien.

As Gil Os from Amorphous blasted us like crashcar dummies at the end of next year with his last album Stimergy, here he explains us how he prepared the powder to be so destructive.

Gears and software

What gears/software did you use for Stygmergy ?

Gears: Roland SE-02, Moog Subsequent 37, Arturia BeatStep Pro, Behringer TD-3 Bassline, Lexicon MX-200 rack effects, iPad running Moog Model D, Roland SC-55, Korg Mono/Poly.

Software: DAW: Logic Pro, Plugins: Roland Cloud, Waves, Native Instruments, SoftTube, Eventide EFX, Pulsar & Plugin Alliance (loads).

 

Your favorite gear(s)/software(s) ?

All the above ;)

 

Any evolution in your setup ?

I am constantly buying, selling, refreshing my setup. I recently bought Moog DFAM and I am in love with it.

 

Sound Design

Do you use/tweak presets  ? 

Yes.

Do you design you own sound  ? On which synth/plugin in particular ?

Yes. All of them, especially the SE-02, Moog Sub 37 and Model-D (on iPaD).

Personal synth story

I have had many synths since 1991. I had the famous Roland Juno-6, TB-303 (first version), etc etc. When I moved to the UK in 2007 I sold most of all synths. In 2010 I had none, just making music with DAW, MIDi controllers and Plugins, then I started to but again in 2010 onwards.
 

Writing/composing method

What would be your main writing/composing method ? Do you start classical rythm/bassline then arrange around it ? Do you already have structure in mind ? Do you improvise, record sessions then select ? ...

I am more into percussion so I alway start with drum and beats, then I add the bassline, pads, etc. Just a few times in my music production history I have started a song with pads or the instruments.

 

Producing/mixing method

Do you produce/mix in the box or do you use mainly external gears (effect/comp/eq...) ?

Both, but mostly digital from the DAW using plugins.


What is your most painful / enjoyable step in track production ? Sound design, arrangement, mixing, mastering ?

Recording vocals, mixing vocals, treating vocals, mixing vocals - It is always a hard and painful step for me. What I really enjoy is sound design, mixing & mastering, although I prefere to send the mastering to my friend in Sao Paulo, GEORGE MAYA, who is much better than me and I believe it is always nice to give it to someone else, especially when your ears is tired of your own songs over and over again.


Gil OS tips

There are many. I prefere to explore as much as I can my resources. I watch loads of music production tips for techno, house and EDM music production on YouTube, that always help. Also, every new gears or plugin I buy I watch loads of tutorial videos on Youtube.

Contact info

 

https://amorphousound.bandcamp.com/releases

https://www.facebook.com/amorphous.sound/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire